Q&A with Gwenn Stroman, Associate Director of Membership:
- How did you get into the hospitality industry? My mother had a Restaurant Marketing & Design Company when I was growing up, it is in my DNA.
- Who is your favorite figure in the Diego Rivera mural, and why? Califia – the central figure. Because she is large and in charge, and seems to rule all the men busily working around her, even while wearing a great gold necklace and not much else.
- What is your favorite SF restaurant or watering hole? Bix – a great cocktail, a great meal – it never disappoints.
- Who would you be guests at your ‘dream’ dinner party? Mick Jagger, Anthony Bourdain, Donna Karan, Stephen King, Barack Obama, Bruce Springsteen, Carly Simon, Carl Hiassen & Ina Garten. Table for 10!
- What do you like to read? Books – mostly Mysteries (fiction), bit also True Crime, Historical Fiction, and the occasional Biography. Or books recommended by people I like – sometimes those are the very best! Magazines are Vanity Fair, Afar, and really any travel mag I can get my hands on.